Bray Head Valentia
Bray Head is on Valentia Island just off the Bridge from Portmagee, you can easily see the Tower sitting strikingly on the top of Bray head from Portmagee and the surrounding area. It costs two euro for the car park for the Bray Head Loop walk it is great because this is one of the most striking views on the Wild Atlantic Way on the West Coast of Ireland. You will need a good pair of walking footwear and preferably a pair with good grips if you are to do the whole loop walk. Alternatively, you can just do the walk from the car park to the Tower enjoy the magnificent views and return the same way a pair of runners/trainers should be good enough it is on a hard pathway.
The views from the Tower of the Skelligs is amazing, it is where they filmed a scene near the end of Star Wars the movie in 2015. You also have a huge panorama view of the Atlantic Ocean and wild Atlantic way.
- From the Car park to the Tower at Bray Head is just over 2km
- The whole Bray Head loop is about 5km
- The Tower was built to spot invaders
- Up and down the Atlantic Coast and the Wild Atlantic Way you can see other towers
- Most towers are only one story high